Achieving ≤ 10% IS BCR-ABL* is associated with long-term survival in CML
Achievement of ≤ 10% International Scale (IS) BCR-ABL at 3 months is associated with overall survival (OS) at 8 years1
- Patients with BCR-ABL transcript levels > 10% IS at 3 months had lower OS than those with ≤ 10% IS1
8-year OS according to 10% IS BCR-ABL at 3 months1
*IS BCR-ABL refers to the ratio of BCR-ABL to ABL transcripts (or other internationally recognized control transcript) expressed and reported as a percentage of the International Scale.4
Monitor the Milestones Matters
Real-time quantitative polymerase chain reaction (RQ-PCR) is a highly sensitive means of measuring BCR-ABL levels2
- BCR-ABL levels can be evaluated using peripheral blood with IS RQ-PCR3
- IS RQ-PCR testing can help identify patients who have not reached the 3-month milestone and may require more frequent monitoring4
- Marin D, et al. J Clin Oncol. 2012;30(3):232-238.
- Zhen C, et al. J Mol Diagn. 2013;15(5):556-564.
- Akard LP, et al. Clin Lymphoma Myeloma Leuk. 2011;11(5):385-395.
- Baccarani M, et al. Blood. 2013;122(6):872-884.