TASIGNA has a manageable safety profile after switching for imatinib resistance or intolerance, as seen in 2101, 2-year follow-up1
The 2101 study was a large, open-label, registration trial in imatinib-resistant or -intolerant patients with separate treatment arms for chronic phase (n=321) and accelerated phase (n=137) disease.
TASIGNA has a manageable safety and tolerability profile1
- Pleural and pericardial effusions and complications of fluid retention occurred in < 1% of patients receiving TASIGNA1
- Biochemical laboratory abnormalities were generally mild, transient, and manageable1,2
- Between 24 and 48 months of follow-up, no new grade 3/4 nonhematologic AEs were reported and minimal new hematologic toxicity was observed3
ALT, alanine aminotransferase; AST, aspartate aminotransferase; BID, twice a day.
- TASIGNA® (nilotinib) Summary of Product Characteristics. Basel, Switzerland: Novartis Pharma AG; May 2017.
- Kantarjian HM, et al. Blood. 2011;117(4):1141-1145.
- Giles FJ, et al. Leukemia. 2013;27(1):107-112.